Tuesday, August 13, 2024

The Phonetics Essay



"You're looking very pleased with yourself."

 "I've just got my essay on phonetics back from Doctor Fox. It is an alpha."

"Bravo, Charlie. I only got a Delta. He said it was unoriginal, like an echo of the textbook."

"I wouldn't worry about old Fox, he's a Trot you know."

"Fox? Trot? Is that why he was excluded from the golf hotel?"

"Anyway never mind about that. I've met a new girl from India. Her name is Juliet."

"Oh I know her, big girl isn't she?"

"Only 81 kilo or so. Mike from Lima used to go out with her but she ditched him in November."

"Oscar?"

"No Oscar wouldn't go near her because he said his papa in Quebec, between you and me he is a bit of a Romeo, he forbade it."

"Why are you travelling on the bus anyway?"

"The old Sierra is in the garage to have the engine looked over. What is that you are drinking?"

"Tango. Victor gave it to me. You know I can't resist a man in uniform."

"Victor eh. Remember how we ribbed him because he couldn't spell whisky?"

"Well, you wouldn't need an x-ray to tell he was a Yankee. Even though his grandmother was a Zulu.

"Anyhow this is my stop. Catch you later."


 

 

 

 

No comments: