Monday, June 29, 2020

The i newspaper and journalism

I wrote to the I newspaper questioning Keir Starmer's decision to sack Rebecca Long Bailey. The letter was not published but nor was any other letter criticising Sir Keir. Instead there were two letters slating Rebecca Long Bailey and repeating the smear of anti-semitism.

I will of course write to the i again, where would they be without me?

"I do not wish to tell you how to do your job but surely a journalist would:
a) find out whether the American police were trained by Israeli Defence Forces
b) find out what the training included
c) investigate whether the IDF have a spotless record in treatment of unarmed Palestinian women and children.
d) stop publishing letters accusing Rebecca Long-Bailey of anti-semitism when Ed Miliband and Keir Starmer have both said she is not anti-semitic.

All the best...

Amy Goodman of Democracy Now defined journalism as "telling a story someone does not want told." Not all journalists have such high standards.






My books are published by Amazon but that does not mean I don't want them to pay tax or even be expropriated for that matter.




No comments: