Sunday, December 08, 2019

Vote with your conscience

You might think Sir Peter Bottomley is an honourable man. I couldn't possibly comment on that. 

However, if you vote for him you will be voting for five years with a Prime Minister who lies as frequently as he breathes. An article in the i newspaper detailed a number of Johnson's greatest lies in 2018. He has lied many times since then. Most notably he lied over proroguing parliament when he lied to the Queen, he lied to Parliament and he lied to the public. Whenever he talks about trust in politics on TV the audience burst into laughter.

He was such a liar even the Tory "Times" sacked him. It would be no bad thing if the electorate did the same.

You will be voting for five more years of Tory cuts. The Tory promises on spending almost make up for the amount they have cut but not quite. And they are empty promises. They promised to get rid of fracking. That solemn pledge lasted three days. How long will these promises last?

You will be voting for the infantile and dishonest pledge to "get Brexit done" this year, next year. sometime. The only purpose of the slogan is to distract attention from the disastrous consequences of austerity. 

Nicky Morgan MP said on the Today program that if you do not trust a politician the thing to do is to vote against them. She said it twice. Boris Johnson cannot have been pleased.

I will be voting for the victims of austerity.
I will be voting for those who save lives.
I will be voting for the teachers.
I will be voting Labour.
I am not a Labour Party member (I was expelled) but I can only vote with my conscience.

















No comments: