Friday, February 22, 2019

Citizenship revoked

If the government can revoke citizenship at the drop of a tabloid, presumably very few of us are safe. 

My father was born in Canada in 1914. I have had British nationality all my life. The new dispensation means I could be deported to Canada, Canada could say ‘not on your nelly’ and I would be up that well-known creek without a paddle. 

It is not only Shamima Begum’s rights which are on the line. Javid is attacking the rights of thousands of citizens in the UK. He has been described as a 'human shield’ for May's right-wing policies. It is no accident that the majority of the citizens affected will be from racial minorities - the very target of May's disgraceful 'hostile environment'.




Lord Acton observed that "all power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely." Javid was a Tory to start with, so he began from a low baseline. However this latest display of arrogance takes the biscuit.

People have had enough of this government. They can go. They never will be missed!





My page on Amazon


Click here to read more 

Apparently, Amazon does not differentiate between book and other reviews, so you will find a review of my shoes here too!





No comments: