Tuesday, May 14, 2013

British Heart Foundation gaffe

I have a lot of time for the British Heart Foundation for the obvious reason that I have heart disease. I was concerned that the latest Heart Matters magazine features Vinnie Jones. I threw it away.

Jones was the presenter of the infamous Soccer's Hard Men video, which featured archived footage of himself and many other "hard men" of the game, and included advice for budding "hard men". After the release of the video, Jones was fined £20,000 and given a six-month ban (suspended for three years) for "bringing the game into disrepute". Jones boasted that " I've taken violence off the terraces and onto the pitch".
He has subsequently had a career as a thug in films.

One wonders whether this is the best possible image for the British Heart Foundation.

No comments: